Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wine Update

This year I had no grapes to make wine – second year in a row and I’m very sad about that. But I’m ready for next year, plenty of rain and a plan to keep the birds out of the vineyard (it isn’t a vineyard, I only have sixteen grape vines, eight Merlot and eight Riesling).  If I had it to do over, I would plant sixteen Merlot vines as there is not as much production from that particular variety.

Plan: Keep birds from making nests in the grape vines- that would solve the greatest problem.

I’m ready to start drinking my wine made from 2011 and 2012 – surely, it’s aged by now. If not, well… I’ll just have to drink every bottle to determine if it has.

The labels depict an adventure during the year that the ‘Four Grans’ experienced. Whitewater rafting in Colorado was a hit (with Timmy as the guide) and the Trail of Tears journey quite informative. The Paris, Normandy, Belgium experience where we stayed on a river barge on the Seine, just below the Eiffel Tower will never be a wine label as that was one of the grape failure years. The Marfa trip is in that same category. Hopefully, the great jaunt across the ocean to Great Britain next year will be added to the wine label library and become another visual of great memories. (Hoping to find Jaime Fraser in Scotland…a resemblance would do just as well.) The label title: A taste of Jaime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment