Monday, September 22, 2014

Stained Glass Accidentally


I became interested in stained glass accidently - I accidently broke a glass in my kitchen cabinet. And then, I thought, I can make stained glass panels! Right? First, a person has to know how. That led me to a two-weekend class learning about "came" (that’s the lead between the glass which happens to have channels for the glass to fit in, which is real handy and no, it is not a misspelling – CAME is correct). The challenge is making all the pieces of glass the right size. I wondered why the teacher had a large container of band-aids readily available – and discovered the answer quickly. In trying to make the pieces of glass the right size, I ended up with nearly all my fingertips covered in band-aids. Glass does not yield. But I finished the four panels and was proud.

1 comment: